Saturday 16 June 2012

Nail it #1: Hawaiian

In other news, I did my nails today so I thought I might give a little tutorial on them.  I don't have any nail pens, so I just try and find designs that are really easy to do with the nail polish brushes, or occasionally a cotton bud!  This one is probably my fave, it's super simple and I always get compliments when I do them.

Step One: Painting your nails white.
Easier said than done! I don't know if it's the white I use (Marks & Spencer White Tip) but I think white nail polish is the hardest to apply.  My advice is to do at least two thick coats, and don't fuss about being too neat around the edges.  Once you have a thick even coverage, soak a cotton bud in nail polish remover and dab across the white bits around your nails.
StepTwo: The flowers
I use 17 Fast Finish in Knockout Red from Boots, for me they give decent enough coverage and at £1.99 you can't really complain!  Do the flowers in diagonally opposite corners, first painting the petal that's at a diagonal angle, and then doing a petal either side of it. 
Step Three: The middles
Once everything is dry, filling in the middle of the flowers really finishes it off.  You can't really tell from the photos but I fill the middle with 17 in Pink Grapefruit, also Boots.  
Step Four: Top Shine
Putting a top coat over these once the pink has dried, and then once every couple of days makes the design last for ages! I use Barry M Basecoat, Topcoat & Nail Hardener ALL IN ONE and it lasts so well that I only get rid of the nail polish when I get tired of it haha, not because its chipped!



Et Voila!
I think using the white nailpolish really makes this design stand out, and the great thing about it is you can spice it up using any colours you want!  Next time I'm thinking of trying yellow and brown for sunflowers, not that I have brown but I feel it's something my mum probably has stashed away! 


Hope you like the design, and if you have any suggestions for other nail art then I would love to hear your ideas!
Muchos love,

Fran
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment